LED lamps have a number of advantages over compact fluorescent lamps and incandescent light bulbs.
- expected life time of tens of thousands of hours
- five to ten times better efficiency compared to incandescent light bulbs
- RoHS compliant, mercury free
- low sensitivity to temperature and humidity
- switching does not reduce life time
- high mechanical durability due to no glass used
- low heat emission
LED lamps come in many different shapes as bulbs, tubes and panels for direct screw-in replacement, assembly in ceilings or built into light fixtures.
Because of their excellent properties and versatile applications LED lamps will likely replace conventional lamps to a large extent within the next years.